What Can I Do to Improve My Smile Boynton Beach, FLMy Formal is Soon, What Can I Do to Improve My Smile? Your formal is coming up, and you are embarrassed by your smile. What do you do? Call the dentist. Whether you are getting ready for the homecoming dance, prom, or any formal event, you want to be confident enough to show off your smile. Your formal is something that only happens in high school, and it is an event to really look forward to. These pictures will last a lifetime and so will your memories, but making sure you love your pictures takes work and planning. At Town Square Dentistry, we can help you love your smile, even if your formal is only a week or two away. Here are a few of the steps we recommend.
Have Your Teeth CleanedCall (561) 732-9727 and schedule a teeth cleaning with our dental office. We can get you scheduled right away, and you will be amazed by how much better your teeth look when they are clean and the plaque and tartar have been removed. Plaque can make your teeth appear yellow and stained, even when they are not actually dirty. The good news is that a teeth cleaning can usually be completed in under an hour. After all, a cleaning is even more important for your health than it is for your appearance.
Teeth Whitening OptionsIf your teeth have become stained, it may not be your fault. Even taking antibiotics on a regular basis can make your white teeth turn yellow. Drinking soda, eating a great deal of pasta with red sauce, or soy sauce on your sushi can stain your teeth. Unfortunately, these stains can make you look far older and even make you look unhealthy. This is not how you want to remember looking during your high school years. You should be fresh-faced and beautiful with bright white teeth. We will do everything possible to give you a beautiful smile during one appointment. By comparison, the whitening strips you buy in the store can take weeks to produce real results. When you visit our dental office for a teeth whitening, you will be using a professional-grade whitening solution that works far better than anything you can buy in the store. The kits sold in the store are typically designed to remove the surface stains on your teeth. They will work well to remove the stains from your recent soda-drinking, but they may do nothing for the discoloration caused by taking antibiotics. Our solution will address all of this, because it penetrates your enamel to target the molecules inside your teeth. Causing them to reflect less light and appear colorless, our teeth whitening solution can whiten your teeth by eight shades or more. This can dramatically change the appearance of your smile in time for homecoming or prom, and the appointment can be fast. With less than a week to go, you can visit our office and see improvements to your smile.
Facial ExercisesAt Town Square Dentistry, we mainly focus on the health and appearance of your teeth and gums. However, there are other things you can do to improve your smile, and that includes doing facial exercises. You can practice by looking in the mirror and flashing your biggest possible grin. Hold it for 10 to 30 seconds and repeat throughout the day. You can also work your facial muscles by singing loudly and passionately. Pull out your smartphone, download a karaoke app, and get carried away. This is a fun way to work your muscles, and your friends can join in. If you are worried about the skin around your chin, you can tighten it by pointing your chin toward the ceiling and kissing the air. Kiss the air 20 times and repeat twice. This is a simple exercise, and just like how you exercise the rest of your body, you can improve your facial muscles and your smile.
Check out what others are saying about our oral health support services on Yelp: What Can I Do to Improve My Smile? Boynton Beach
MoisturizeThe texture of your skin and lips will also impact your smile. Use an all-natural moisturizer to make your skin look luminescent and healthy. Using a natural lip balm will also keep your lips nice and moist so you can flash a healthy, supple, and beautiful smile. When you are at the drugstore, remember to read the labels. Anything full of ingredients you cannot read is likely to be full of chemicals. They can dry out your skin and lips, making it more difficult to smile freely.
Drink WaterAt Town Square Dentistry, we encourage our Boynton Beach patients to drink plenty of water. Doing so is important for the health of your body, for the appearance of your skin, and for your teeth. Dry mouth can give you terrible breath, so even if you want to smile, you will be less inclined to do so. Drinking water helps your body produce enough saliva to wash away food particles, bacteria, and even plaque, so instead of grabbing a soda during your formal, drink from a water bottle instead. Your smile, breath, and health will thank you.
Get Ready for Your Formal by Visiting Our Boynton Beach Dentist OfficeWhen you are out shopping for the perfect dress and shoes or renting your tux, don’t forget to think about your smile. Statistically, both guys and girls find a nice smile to be the most attractive quality anyone can have. Your smile is a reflection of your personality; it can be welcoming, encouraging, playful and exciting — all the things you are and want to be. The key is for you to be confident enough in how your smile looks to be willing to show it off. The good news is that by visiting our dental office, your smile can be drastically improved, even if you only have a week or two before the big event. To get started, call 561-732-9727 and schedule an appointment with Town Square Dentistry.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Carbamide Peroxide
- Carbamide peroxide is a solution that contains hydrogen peroxide and can help to whiten teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Deeper Teeth Stains
- Deeper teeth stains are stains that require professional oral health services and can result from certain foods, beverages or improper oral hygiene.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- Relief ACP
- Relief ACP stands for amorphous calcium phosphate, which helps to relieve the pain in sensitive teeth in a gel form.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages with a lack of proper brushing. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the teeth.
- Surface Enamel
- The surface enamel is the hard outer shell that protects the dentin and pulp of the teeth. The enamel is the surface that people see when one smiles.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and faded teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Concentrate
- Teeth whitening concentrate is the bleaching agent that whitens the shade of teeth, which is more effective from a professional and not a general store product.
An emergency dentist can give prompt, competent dental treatment for various dental emergencies, including infections, damaged teeth, knocked-out teeth, and more. At Town Square Dentistry, treatment for dental emergencies is part of the usual service menu.Despite the best efforts of those who try to be ready ahead of time, unexpected events nonetheless occur. Dental mishaps…
If you have crooked or misaligned teeth, there are two main treatment options to choose from: Aligner trays and braces. Choosing between clear aligners and traditional braces can seem overwhelming at first. Both are effective, can be used on a variety of age groups, and require the use of a retainer after treatment is completed.…
When a tooth root becomes infected by bacteria, a root canal treatment may be recommended to remove the infected tooth tissue. While some may fear this procedure, the truth is there is more to worry about in the consequences of not receiving a necessary root canal than of getting one in the first place. Failing…
When was your last dental checkup? Read on to learn more about the importance of regular dental care visits. A dental checkup visit with a dentist is a great way to detect the early signs of any oral health concerns and put together a restorative plan (if necessary) before the concerns worsen. Regular dental checkups…