Tips for You to Choose the Right Smile Makeover for Your Goals
A smile makeover is a procedure where a patient receives alterations to enhance their smile. Makeovers may include a variety of different dental procedures intended to meet a patient's unique needs. Typically, the results offer a whiter or straighter smile than before, giving patients not only boosted self-esteem but also healthier teeth.
Research the available options
The dental options depend on the patient's goals and current teeth. Temporary restorations may include snap-on teeth, temporary veneers, and temporary crowns. Some temporary solutions may last a few years, while permanent solutions should last a decade to a lifetime.
How much time does the patient have?
When preparing for a smile makeover, the amount of time the process takes may help determine a patient's decision. Patients should discuss with the dentist the schedule for procedures such as:
- Veneers: Veneers take about two to three visits to the dentist to finish the treatment. After the initial visit, the dentist prepares the patient's teeth and places temporary veneers. The final porcelain veneers may take a couple of weeks to be fabricated in a lab.
- Clear aligners: Every patient's mouth is unique, so the duration depends on each individual. Some patients must wear aligners for six months, whereas others may need 18 months.
- Dental implants: Before receiving dental implants, a patient must have a comprehensive oral exam. Following the exam, the dentist schedules the surgery. Each implant takes about one to two hours to place. Following the implant surgery, it takes about three months for the patient's mouth to heal before the final restoration is placed.
- Porcelain crowns: Dental crowns require two visits to the dentist. The first visit involves preparation for the crown. The dentist removes decay, measures the tooth and reshapes the tooth for the impression to create the crown. Patients receive a temporary crown after the initial visit. If the dentist has the tools necessary to create a crown, patients may receive a permanent crown in one visit. Lab-created crowns may take between seven to 10 business days to arrive.
- Whitening: Professional teeth whitening can take between three to four weeks. At the first visit, the dentist creates a mouthguard from the impression of a patient's teeth. The patient then applies the whitening product with the mouthguard from home every two to four weeks.
Commit to the necessary aftercare
After a restorative procedure, patients need to take steps to ensure that the results last. Regular dental appointments or touch-ups may be necessary for some treatments, such as teeth whitening. Following dental implants or crowns, patients may require over-the-counter pain medication and ice to help with soreness.
To maintain the makeover, patients need regular dental cleanings and limit hard, sticky or sugary foods that may damage the teeth. Additionally, some mouthwashes include harsh ingredients that may damage fillings, crowns, or veneers and so should be avoided.
To decide on a smile makeover, patients should consult with a dentist and consider different recommendations. Makeovers may treat stained teeth, crooked teeth, or damaged smiles. Different options can address specific problems.
Request an appointment here: https://boyntonbeachtownsquaredentistry.com or call Town Square Dentistry at (561) 732-9727 for an appointment in our Boynton Beach office.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Smile Makeover in Boynton Beach, FL.
A smile makeover is a good option for busy adults dealing with dental issues that prevent them from confidently showing off their teeth. Modern advances in dental technology make current procedures straightforward, lasting, and cost-effective. Many patients are curious about the types of improvements that are possible. A consultation with a dentist to set up…
Many individuals of all ages find themselves in need of a smile makeover. This may be due to a number of reasons such as discolored, misaligned, misshapen or broken teeth. There are numerous treatment options today for dental patients to correct their smiles and feel happier and more confident.Dentists assess each patient's oral health and…
In recent years, dental cosmetics have come a long way. Patients are able to use crowns to restore teeth that are broken, decayed or stained. This type of restoration looks natural and can completely transform a person's smile. When a tooth is prepared for a crown, a temporary one is often cemented in place so…
Are you missing one, two, or more teeth? Does the thought of smiling in public make you anxious or embarrassed? Don't worry, because there are many options available for replacing your missing teeth. From dentures and bridges to implants and veneers, this ultimate guide will explore all of your choices so that you can make…